Friday, April 8, 2016

Favorite Film from Favorite Actor

For our favorite film that stars our favorite actor is either Holiday Inn, Blue Skies, Easter Parade, or White Christmas. Personally, Sophie and I are still torned between Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. It's quite obvious why those two are our favorites but for favorite film, however, is a different story since both Bing and Fred starred in Holiday Inn and Blue Skies. Those two films would be an option but I having seen Blue Skies. I quite think that it's rather bland and lacks an interesting love interest for both Bing and Fred to play off from, but I quite enjoyed watching Fred teach Bing how to dance during the A Couple of Song And Dance Men sequence. On the flip side, there's Holiday Inn which is a great holiday film and sparked a hit song for both Irving Berlin and Bing Crosby. The song was called White Christmas, making Bing Crosby a household name and immortalized his voice in people's homes every Christmas. ~LS

I agree with Liana but I do believe that Bing Crosby is being overshadowed by White Christmas and other Christmas songs. He was done the Road to film series way before he had started working on Holiday Inn with Fred Astaire. And I really think that anyone of their film is my favorite of theirs, especially Blue Skies because the film really highlights what they can do as dramatic and comedic actors, in general. -SL

No comments:

Post a Comment